92 PRO-FM, LITE ROCK 105 & HOT 106’S “Grieco Hyundai’s Cars and Guitars” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio stations WPRO-FM, WWLI & WWKX (“Stations”), at 1502 Wampanoag Trail, East Providence, RI 02915, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Stations will conduct the 92 PRO-FM, LITE ROCK 105 & HOT 106 “Grieco Hyundai’s Cars and Guitars” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number, a valid U.S. Driver’s License and who reside in the Stations’ Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from any of the Stations in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 30 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from any of the Stations in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 30 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Radio LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 9:00am ET on Tuesday, July 14, 2020 and will run through 12:00pm ET on Saturday, September 19, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter:
Text: Visit Grieco Hyundai of Johnston during its standard business hours to find out the mystery keywords. There will be a total of five (5) mystery keywords provided throughout the Submission Period. Send a text message with the correct mystery keyword to the number 68255 during the Submission Period defined below.
Test Drive Text: Visit Grieco Hyundai of Johnston during its standard business hours to take an optional Test Drive for an additional mystery keyword to get a second entry to increase the odds of winning; there will be a total of five (5) additional mystery keywords provided throughout the Submission Period defined below. Send a text message with the additional mystery keyword to the number 68255 during the Submission Period.
Mail-in: As an alternative to the Test Drive, to submit an additional entry to increase the odds of winning, Entrants may also mail-in a postcard to 1502 Wampanoag Trail, East Providence, RI 02915. In order to be included in the random drawing, the mailed-in entry must be received by Cumulus Radio LLC within the Submission Period.
Each entrant may only submit one additional entry in the Contest. All entries described in this Section 3 must be received by 8:00 pm ET on Thursday, September 17, 2020 to be eligible to participate in the random drawings described below for both the five (5) Qualifying Prizes and for the Grand Prize. The submission period shall be the period of 9:00am ET on Monday, July 13, 2020 through 8:00pm ET on Thursday, September 17, 2020 (the “Submission Period”). Standard text messaging rates, as established by an individual’s wireless carrier, may apply, and Stations assume no responsibility for any fees or charges incurred for and associated with any text message sent to or from Station. Any and all fees arising out of the transmission of a text message shall be the sole responsibility of the entrant. Limit one (1) entry per person per phone number. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same telephone number. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different telephone phone numbers, identities, or any other methods will void that participant from further participation in the Contest.
- Qualifier Winner Selection. On or about 5:00pm ET on Sunday, July 26, 2020; on or about 5:00pm ET on Sunday, August 9, 2020; on or about 5:00pm ET on Sunday, August 23, 2020; on or about 5:00pm ET on Sunday, September 6, 2020; and on or about 8:00pm ET on Thursday, September 17, 2020, Stations will select one entry for a total of five (5) Qualifying Prizes in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Stations during the Submission Period across all three (3) Stations. WPRO-FM, WWLI & WWKX on or about 9:00am ET on Monday, July 27, 2020; on or about 9:00am ET on Monday, August 10, 2020; on or about 9:00am ET on Monday, August 24, 2020; and on or about 9:00am ET on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 and Friday, September 18, 2020 announce the Qualifying Prize winners on-air. An additional qualifying entrant will be selected at Grieco Hyundai of Johnston on September 19, 2020 in accordance with the procedure described below. Such qualifier shall not win a Qualifying Winner Prize, but will be eligible to participate in the Grand Prize Reverse Random Drawing.
- Grand Prize Winner Selection. The five (5) Qualifying Prize winners must be present at the Grand Prize Reverse Random Drawing to eligible to win the Grand Prize. The Qualifiers must check-in at the Stations Table between 10:00am ET and 10:15am ET on Saturday, September 19, 2020 at Grieco Hyundai of Johnston, 1890 Hartford Ave, Johnston, RI 02919, and present their valid U.S. Driver’s License upon check-in and wear a protective face-covering or mask. An additional qualifying entrant will be selected at Grieco Hyundai of Johnston at the address identified above, making the number of qualifiers participating in the Grand Prize Reverse Random Drawing six (6). To be eligible to be the 6th qualifying entrant, visit Grieco Hyundai of Johnston between 10:00am ET and 10:59am ET on Saturday, September 19, 2020. Present a valid U.S. Driver’s License upon check-in and wear a protective face covering or mask to complete an entry form. On or about 11:00am ET on Saturday, September 19, 2020, Stations will select one (1) additional qualifying entrant in a random drawing, and such 6th entrant shall be eligible to participate with the five (5) Qualifying Prize winners in the Grand Prize Reverse Random Drawing, provided that the 6th qualifying entrant is present at the Grand Prize Reverse Random Drawing. On or about 11:15am ET, the Grand Prize Reverse Random Drawing will begin with the six (6) Qualifiers. Qualifiers will randomly be drawn one by one and eliminated. The last qualifier name to be drawn will be awarded the Grand Prize. The Qualifying Prize winners, the qualifying entrant and the Grand Prize winner may be contacted using the telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the respective prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Stations’ decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within twelve (12) hours of notification will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATIONS WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winners may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawings and/or winner determinations. The potential winners will be required to sign and return to Stations, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Stations may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Qualifying Prizes. Five (5) Qualifying Prizes will be awarded in this Contest. One (1) Qualifying Prize to be awarded on Monday, July 27, 2020 is an autographed guitar from Panic! At the Disco donated by Warner Bros. Records/Warner Music Group valued at Two Hundred Dollars ($200); One (1) Qualifying Prize to be awarded on Monday, August 10, 2020 is an autographed guitar from the Shawn Mendes donated by Republic Records/Universal Music Group valued at Two Hundred Dollars ($200); One (1) Qualifying Prize to be awarded Monday, August 24, 2020 is an autographed guitar from Johnny Rezeznick donated by Warner Bros. Records/Warner Music Group valued at Two Hundred Dollars ($200); one (1) Qualifying Prize to be awarded Tuesday, September 8, 2020 is an autographed guitar from Dan + Shay donated by Warner Bros. Records/Warner Music Group valued at Two Hundred Dollars ($200); and one (1) Qualifying Prize to be awarded Friday, September 18, 2020 is an autographed guitar from Fall Out Boy donated by Island Records/Universal Music Group valued at Two Hundred Dollars ($200). Notwithstanding the foregoing, if any of such Qualifying Prizes become unavailable, for any reason, Station may substitute any guitar identified as a Qualifying Prize for another autographed guitar of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Qualifying Prizes depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Submission Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Stations may, in their sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize is a three (3) year car lease from Grieco Hyundai of Johnston. Winner will receive a thirty-six (36) month car lease with ten thousand (10,000) miles per year in a 2020 Hyundai Elantra SE (STK#Y01085). MSRP: $20,210.00 Lease ARV: $8,712.00. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are one (1) in six (6) but will ultimately depend on the number of Qualifying Winners are present at the drawing for the Grand Prize.
For a Grand Prize winner who does not satisfy the terms, qualifications and/or requirements applicable to the receipt of the vehicle lease, the Stations reserve the right to pay to winner a cash (equivalent) amount of $8,712.00 in lieu thereof as the Grand Prize. Moreover, there will be no substitution or transfer for prizes, except that the Stations may, in their sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Stations, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Stations, Cumulus Media New Holdings Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Stations and their agents of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Stations reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Stations’ reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Stations in their sole discretion. Stations reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Stations reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Stations’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Stations, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Stations reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Stations in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Stations are located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Stations are located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Stations are located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Cumulus Radio LLC at the address identified below.
Cumulus Radio LLC, WPRO-FM, WWLI & WWKX, 1502 Wampanoag Trail, East Providence, RI 02915
Grieco Hyundai of Johnston, 1890 Hartford Ave, Johnston, RI 02919
Warner Bros. Records/Warner Music Group
Island Records/Universal Music Group